Vice President of Engineering
nDimensional empowers enterprises to leverage artificial intelligence (AI) to extract real-time business value from big data as an embedded component in their products and solutions. nDimensional’s product, nD, is a full stack application development Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that allows companies to rapidly design, develop, deploy and maintain big data AI applications.
We are looking for a production-minded candidate who is excited about emerging technologies in AI, big data and IoT applications. As VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring the software engineering team to reliably deliver Agile production releases on time and on budget. You’ll lead all aspects of product development, from design to production. A deep understanding of AI is not a requirement, as you will partner with our VP of Technology, who leads our data science team, on the AI aspects of the design and implementation. Both the VP of Engineering and the VP of Technology report directly to our CEO.
- Architect, lead and work hands-on our platform with the engineering teams.
- Foster and build on an inclusive and passionate engineering culture.
- Research and assess the viability of new technologies.
- Serve as a key member of the management team setting strategic direction.
Skills & Requirements
Qualifications - Required
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience writing production grade software in Java/Scala; Scala strongly preferred.
- Experience with major big data technologies and frameworks including, but not limited to: Apache Spark and Kafka. Experience with other technologies such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and Zookeeper are not required, but are highly desirable.
- Experience building large data pipelines, especially involving machine learning.
- Demonstrate sound software development capabilities, strong leadership, excellent written and verbal communication.
Qualifications - Not Required, but a plus
- Experience with high performance computing cluster setup and optimization.
- Experience working with resource managers like Mesos, Kubernetes, or YARN.
- Proven track record of creating highly-scalable and available cloud services.
- Familiar with React.
nDimensional is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Think you have what it takes to help us disrupt the big data analytics market?