Careers: (Mid Level) Software Engineer (Back-end)
As an engineer on this team, you will work on nDimensional’s various platform components and help take us to the next level of scalability and performance. You will be taking a leading role to help make design decisions and implement back end infrastructure for our customer facing APIs, microservices, automating machine learning, visualization and data preparation workflows, etc.
We are looking for back-end engineers who are excited to investigate a problem, consider the best tools, and then to develop a solution using best practices. We are currently using Scala/Java, SBT, Akka, ElasticSearch, and DynamoDB among others for back-end development, Spark (batch and streaming), Kafka, Cassandra, etc for data processing pipelines, and all of our production systems and clusters are deployed on AWS.
Education & Experiences
- BS/MS in CS/CE/EE, or related STEM degree
- 2+ years of production-level experience focusing on back-end infrastructure.
- Experience with writing production ready software in a collaborative team setting.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures and knowing when to apply them.
- Experience with OO/functional programming using Java/Scala programming languages in multiple core environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Proven track record of creating highly-scalable and available cloud services.
- Experience building large data pipelines.
nDimensional is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Think you have what it takes to help us disrupt the big data analytics market?